EU’s hidden gem Estonia is becoming a new hot-spot for studies abroad. Estonia`s vibrant and affordable environment together with well-developed technology sector make Estonia an attractive place to study and live. With high-quality higher education, internationally accepted degrees and various scholarships this is a safe target country for international degree. More details can be found on their website
Top 5 Benefits of Studying in Estonia
- Estonia the country – Estonia a study destination which is beautiful, safe, technologically advanced and well regarded in the higher education sector
- Cost – Fee structures are between 2 lakh – 5 lakh only per year tuition fee – for example – Robotics and Computer Engineering Master’s degree is 4000 euros (3.5 lakhs a year only) in tuition fees per year. Living costs are also very affordable with public transport free of cost in Tallinn for all students
- Scholarships – Scholarships up to 100% are available for international students http://www.studyestonia.in/scholarships.html
- Working hours – for International Students are not limited
- Unique Courses – Over a 160 unique degree courses. Startup Entrepreneurship, Cyber Security Engineering, E-Governance Technology are some examples
- Digital Estonia – Estonia home for Skype– the Skype software was developed by four Estonian engineers. Skype has an office in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, and the company also provides scholarships for bright IT students who have chosen to study in Estonia. It is known for its leadership in the fields of digital and internet technologies, having been one of the first nations to pioneer electronic ID cards, e-government systems, e-health, e-school, e-parking – you name it, Estonia has digitized it!
Top Universities in Estonia
University of Tartu features in the QS World University Rankings® 2016/17, and Tallinn University of Technology features in the QS University Rankings: EECA 2016, a ranking of the leading universities in Emerging Europe and Central Asia.-
Opportunities for Work
- All non-EU students can also stay to Estonia for additional 9 months after their graduation (with the permission of the university) to look for a job in Estonia.
- International students in Estonia do not need an additional working permit to work while studying full time and they are allowed to work on the condition that it does not interfere with their studies.
- Part time working can be over 20 hours a week, there is no restriction on working hours as a student.
- Estonia is Europe’s start-up hot-spot. As a result, Estonia has more successful start-up companies per capita a year than in any other country in Europe, e.g. TransferWise, CrabCAD, Fortumo etc. As Estonia also has a strong start-up culture, students and graduates are encouraged to create their own start-up/spin-off companies. Start-up and entrepreneurship culture has tremendous local supporters in Estonia. Organizations and initiatives like Garage48, StartupGarage, Startup WiseGuys and Tehnopol Start-Up Incubator are offering students funding and possibilities to start focusing on their career and new ideas in the middle of the studies. This offers endless possibilities to connect your research with a business idea.
- Average monthly salary in Estonia: €1,146 gross per month for a full time job (approximately), Working hours for international students: not limited
Living in Estonia
- Living in Estonia, extremely affordable for a student. Average living cost of under 300euros a month. https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/05/the-9-cheapest-cities-to-live-in-europe
- Public transport is available for all students and is free of charge in Tallinn (only for residents of Tallinn, including international students studying in Tallinn).
- International House of Estonia (IHE)is a service center for internationals in Estonia (one-stop-shop) to communicate with the state, to receive counselling and to create a network. IHE offers consultation and public authority services for international newcomers in Estonia and local employers. You can have answers to all your questions regarding documentation, settling in, finding a network and/or a job, participating in events and much more, from one place.
- Estonia is the middle of everywhere. Traveler student’s haven 1 hour from Stockholm, 30 minutes from Helsinki, 30 minutes to St. Petersburg and Minsk
- Estonia boasts one of the world’s most digitally connected societies, with free Wi-Fi almost everywhere.
- One of the safest countries in the world. (http://www.statisticbrain.com)
- With long academic traditions and world-renowned higher education institutions, Estonia has become an attractive study destination for students abroad.
The application form is given below on this page, please fill in all necessary details
- 50% marks in all subjects
- Motivation letter,
- IELTS 5.5 and above and ability to speak in fluent English
English Language Proficiency Testing Requirements
- IELTS (Academic)- a minimum overall grade of 5.5, with 5.5 or above in each component.
- TOEFL (iBT)- a minimum overall score 72, with at least 18 in reading, 17 in listening, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing component.
- Cambridge English- a minimum overall score 160, with 160 in each component.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE A)- a minimum overall score 51, with at least
51 in each Communicative Skills component.
Scholarship will be purely decided on the basis of the Skype interview conducted by the university and is at their discretion.