We always consider our mobile as a distraction device in our studies but only one or two generations before could tell you what a marvel technology it is for studies. Why don’t you ask your parents or grandparents about the difficulties of studying in their student life and what if they had access to such devices? Keeping forward the bright side of a mobile device in studies, we bring you the top 10 apps for studies.
Keep watching as number six will surprise you.
And for your assurance,
- All the apps have been rated with more than 4.4 Stars.
- Most of the apps have more than one million downloads.
- All the apps are free to use.
- None of the apps is sponsored.
1. Microsoft Maths Solver:
This is a perfect math app designed by Microsoft for the students. The app has more than five million downloads and is rated an average of 4.6 on the play store. This app is not only 100% free but also free from all ads.
- The user interface of the app gives you three options when you open it. Either to click a picture of the question, type it in an advanced keyboard provided by them or write it. The app will find the solution from its database and various web resources either in the form of graphics, written, PDF and even videos.
- You get daily practice quizzes
- Examples – they cover a host of topics from fractions to matrices, probability, calculus, trigonometry etc.
- The beta version of the app gets you a free tutoring session for 20 minutes
So, no problem, if you have a math problem.
As the name suggests, it’s a formula app and has more than 500k downloads and an average rating of 4.7. A very small, compatible and useful app for students.
- The app consists of all the majorly used and prominent formulas of Physics, Chemistry, Math, Units of measurement and as you can see all the formulas you can possibly be using in your school studies.
- They have a detailed information about each element of a periodic table as well. How cool is that!
- A separate tab for scientific calculator as well. So, you don’t need a separate app for advance calculator.
So, if a missing formula is bugging your mind, don’t need to scratch the pages of your book, you know where to head now.
3. BBC Learning English:
The app has more than 5 million downloads and an average rating of 4.4. The app is super catchy and fun to learn. The moment you open the app
- It will land on the daily lesson section with super interesting videos to learn English. You can play any of the video and learn the lessons. They also have the transcript of the videos for reading while listening.
- The next tab called “Programmes” gives you the freedom to choose your desired form of learning either everyday English needs or for core language skills like Grammar. You can choose any of the option for example, Grammar and seriously scroll till hell, but lets chose for say “Articles” and congratulations, here you have the video and the lessons.
The best thing is that you don’t have to pay a dime for it. So, mesmerize the world with your English skills.
4. Khan Academy:
Khan Academy is a peculiar app providing world-class content on school education for a long time without plummeting its quality. All for free. They have more than 10 Million downloads in the play store and have an average rating of 4.4.
- In the “search” tab, you can choose between any subjects like Maths, Science, Economics, Arts and you will find a huge database of quality video content.
- For example: Lets choose “Science”- “Class 9 Physics” and you can choose between the chapters like “Motion” and you can play any of the videos for super easy explanations.
So, keep mining the free resources.
Mimo app is a perfect partner for learning various computer languages for those who don’t have any prior knowledge of any such. The app is completely free with 4.7 average ratings and more than 5 Million downloads.
- Now you have to cross the levels without breaking the sequence and only once you clear the level, you get the access to the next level. Doesn’t it sound like a game?
The best thing about the app is their method of explanation which is input-driven and hurrah! At the end you get a personalized certificate as well. So, keep coding, keep creating.
6. Class Saathi:
Class Saathi is a relatively new app with 100k downloads but their commitment to providing valuable content made it to our list. They score 4.5 as an average rating in the Play store. The platform helps the students from class 6 to Class 10 to take mock tests in Maths and Science subject. Like the Khan Academy, they also have a very simple UI and the moment you open the app,
- You get the option to choose between Science and Maths from the drop down menu at the top.
- Now you can choose either to give a half test of 30 minutes or full test of 60 minutes by choosing minimum three chapters you are comfortable with.
- At the end of the test, you can access the statistics tab for your performance and the results.
Successful completion of required tests can also earn you a certificate. So, practice more, learn more.
Diksha provides one of the most diverse and elaborate resources for school education ranging from Class 1 to Class 12. The app has more than 10 Million downloads with 4.4 average ratings.
- Fill all the initial details of language preference, boards, class to get your specific resources.
- In the library tab, you have various sections of each subjects. For example: Let’s choose Class 9 Geography. Now you can either watch video classes or download written notes.
- You can also scan the QR Code of your school books to find further explanations on the subject.
So, a 24/7 library is waiting on your device.
8. Pocket Physics:
A handy and simple app for physics concepts. This app has more than one million downloads and an average rating of 4.6. As the name suggests, it’s a quick guide for most of the physics concepts.
The UI of the app is super easy and you can easily understand definitions of the concepts with graphs and formulas.
9. Word Up:
This app is one of the most advance ways of learning vocabulary and no wonder why do they have an average ratings of 4.7 and more than a million downloads.
- Just follow along the initial quiz so that the AI of the app understands your level of vocabulary and it will automatically suggest you new words in the home page.
- You can head over to the search page and this is a gem.
- For Example: Let’s search “Calculate”. You get the explanation in your regional language as well as in English language. Now click “All Examples” and you have indisputable explanation in the form of videos, GIF’s and images.
So, let’s end the forever search of a perfect dictionary with Word Up.
The app has got an overwhelming response with 4.6 overall ratings and more than 10 Million downloads. Kudos to the team of Kahoot who have created a super engaging and helpful app for students.
- You can simply jump to the “Search” tab and find endless scroll of topics to quiz on for your general knowledge.
- For example: Let’s choose from top picks “In the news 2021”. Now you can choose either to study through flashcards or practice questions or play directly. Now to play, click on the three dots drop down menu and click “preview” to play with the system or else choose the “green play button”- challenge and share you pin to your friends for a group competition.
So, what are we waiting for. Let’s quiz.
Top 10 Job Interview Questions and Answers | Job Interview Tips
10 Smart Self Study Tips | How to Study Effectively at Home? | ChetChat Study Tips